Through novel qualitative and quantitative measure testing methodologies, PCPI tests measures for feasibility and scientific acceptability. We initiate testing as early as possible during the measure development process and encourage measure developers to test early and test often.
Measure testing demonstrates that:
Key measure testing considerations are:
- Measures capture the intended data
- There is no significant difference in the way measures are being captured for each data source
- Providers and consumers can have increased confidence in measures and measure results
- Measures can be implemented with a reasonable amount of effort
- Measure results provide information about the quality and value of care
- Data source
- Data availability
- Required sample sizes
- Test site availability
- Appropriate testing methodologies
Find out more about the Measure Testing Protocol.