Advocate for Better Registries, Influence Measures and the QPP
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
August 7, 2018
- PCPI in the Field: At the Guidelines International Network (GIN) meeting
- Engage: Join a Registry Improvement Focus Group
- Engage: Join an NQRN Work Group
- Influence: Comment on AHRQ Data Definitions and Elements
- Influence: Be the next Measurement Development Specialist at ASCO
- Influence: Comment on QPP Year 3 Proposed Rule
Kate Goodrich, MD
Director and Chief Medical Officer,
Center for Clinical Standards, CMS
Temaka Williams, MPH
Senior Health Information Technology Advisor,
Help Make CMS’ Quality Payment Program
Work for You!
Register Today and Save $100!
At the Guidelines International Network (GIN) meeting
Samantha Tierney, MPH, PCPI Sr. Director Measurement Science and Elvia Chavarria, MPH, PCPI Associate Director Measure
Development, have been invited to speak about the intersection between guidelines and measures at the August 23rd Guidelines International Network (GIN) meeting. The GIN comprises 105 organizations representing 53 countries from all continents who are interested in supporting evidence-based health care and improved health outcomes by reducing inappropriate variation throughout the world. Learn more about GIN and their upcoming events here.
Join a Registry Improvement Focus Group
PCPI is forming the new National Quality Registry Network (NQRN) Learning Work Group: Focus Group on Registry Sustainability and Business Planning. On August 21, 2018, from 2-4 pm we will discuss the most pressing topics that your registry or registry-related business is facing.
NQRN will be hosting several focus groups over the coming months to take the pulse of the state of the registry landscape. Your input is crucial for our collective success!
Registration is limited to 15 participants for this focus group; sign up early to claim your place.
Sign up today!
Join an NQRN Work Group
We currently have three opportunities for you to get involved:
- NQRN Learning Work Group - Assess the needs of the registry community, create and curate practical content to address those needs
- NQRN Qualified Clinical Data Registries Work Group - Promote advocacy for QCDRs and inform the development of resources to aid in the process of becoming and maintaining QCDR status
- NQRN Research Work Group - This is a new work group designed to connect registry stewards with the wider community of researchers who use or may have the opportunity to use registry information to support clinical research
For more information or if you would like to join one of these groups, please contact Chrystal Price, Program Manager, Registry Programs. We look forward to having you in these work groups!
Comment on AHRQ Data Definitions and Elements
AHRQ has recently released three reports for public comment. Please note the specifications of each report and the deadlines for submitting comment.
1. Library for Common Data Definitions: Lung Cancer
Open for comment until August 16, 2018
2. Library for Common Definitions: Lumbar Spondylolisthesis
Open for comment until August 21, 2018
3. Data Elements Development, Governance, and Harmonization
Open for comment until August 21, 2018
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Measurement Developer Specialist to produce clinical performance measures in oncology with multi-disciplinary teams of content experts and participate in development, testing, and maintenance of measures determined by the Society’s Strategic
Plan and goals of the department. See the full job description here and email your resume to James Bannister at James.Bannister@asco.org.
All who participate or plan to participate in the QPP are encouraged to pay attention to the following opportunities to learn more and comment on these proposed changes:
- July 17, 2018 - CMS webinar overview
- August 10, 2018 - PCPI’s member input period closes
- August 16, 2018 - PCPI’s virtual forum
- September 10, 2018 - CMS public comment period ends, submit your comments here.
Contact us at Membership Manager, Bevin Rousopoulos to find out how to share your news through PCPI’s various media platforms.
Want to learn more about PCPI and how you can get involved in our current initiatives to develop scientifically valid performance measures, implement quality improvement initiatives, and access multiple registries to drive optimal outcomes? Contact PCPI Membership Manager, Bevin Rousopoulos.
© 2018 PCPI Foundation. All rights reserved.